Dara grew up in Angier, North Carolina with three brothers. In 2003, she earned a B.A. in Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she enjoyed the distinction of becoming a member of Phi Beta Kappa. In 2010, Dara graduated magna cum laude from the University of Illinois College of Law in Champaign-Urbana, where she had earned the top grade in her Legal Research and Writing class. From there she returned to Raleigh before relocating to Wilmington in 2012.
Dara has a strong background in civil litigation and exceptional research and writing skills. Currently, her practice focuses on complex business matters and disputes, intellectual property, franchising, commercial real estate transactions, construction, and civil litigation. She fights vigorously for her clients and aims to help them achieve their long-term goals.
Dara resides in Carolina Beach and enjoys sunrises over the ocean, swimming, boating, and camping in the mountains.
- North Carolina (2010)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina (2013)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, 2003)
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2010)
- NC State Bar
- NC Bar Association
- New Hanover County Bar Association
Honors & Activities:
- Phi Beta Kappa (2003)
- CALI award – Legal Research and Writing (2007)
- Top 10% of Law School Class (2007)
- Dean’s List (1999-2003; 2008-2010)
- Lawyers for Literacy (2013)
- Anchor Down Missional Community (2014-present)